Riverview Gardens School District is Hiring Executive Director of Student, School and Community Support Services
SUMMARY: Reports directly to the Superintendent. The position supervises District health services, MTSS, Counselors, Social Workers, Family Engagement Specialists, Special School District (SSD) Liaison, student transfers, District Care Team, Students in Transition (SIT), juvenile court related issues, student tuition, Educational Larceny, Student Residency, Community Resources and Partnerships, district donations, and Nurses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides ideas for the development of district vision, mission, and goals; interprets and/or clarifies district vision, mission, and goals to students, staff, and community; implements district vision, mission, and goals.
- Develops and promotes professional growth for staff.
- Assists the schools in establishing levels of expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Evaluates student progress/needs both individually and in groups to demonstrate effective departmental leadership.
- Establishes budgetary needs of the student services programs and proactively seeks grants and other sources of revenue that will assist the district in achieving its goals.
- Prepares and submits to the Special Administrative Board recommendations for student, school, and community support services.
- Assumes responsibility for federal, state, and district reporting in areas of responsibility.
- Provides training for administrators and supervisors in applicable areas.
- Collaboratively establishes high performance expectations for all employee groups and conducts performance evaluations on all employees under their direct and indirect supervision.
- Monitors each employee's level of performance, monitors and ensures administrative and employee compliance with federal, state, and district policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Prepares and submits to the Special Administrative Board recommendations, facts, and information that will assist in decision making to ensure continuous improvement.
- Assists in the development and implementation of board policies and directives, and carries out duties and responsibilities as outlined by district policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates involvement in professional development activities to demonstrate growth in personal and professional qualities, skills, and characteristics of an effective administrator.
- Assumes responsibility for creating and maintaining a positive culture and climate district-wide.
- Provides ongoing and regular communication with directors, supervisors, and employees in areas of responsibility
- Establishes and maintains an attitude of trust amongst and between all employee groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.