Platte County School District is Hiring Business Service Manager
The job of Business Services Manager is done for the purpose/s of directing business services operations for the district including accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, bank reconciliations, and payroll; performing internal audit functions; overseeing training programs and identifying training needs; and assisting in the administration of policies and procedures to achieve goals and comply with the state and federal laws, and policies and procedures.
• Oversees payroll activities and/or program components for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Oversees accounts payable and receivable for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Analyzes financial information for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information, developing procedures, and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements.
• Implements accounting procedures for the purpose of providing internal financial controls throughout the organization and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices and all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established regulatory guidelines and reducing business and financial risk.
• Assists auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on the internal process that is required for audit.
• Monitor the expenses of various local, state and federal grants for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
• Maintains manual and electronic files, documents and records (e.g. account structure, current and historical budget data, financial records, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail.
• Participates in and leads unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Prepares a wide variety of written materials and electronic financial and budget information (e.g. budget variance and activity reports, financial statements, state-mandated reports, budget extensions, procedures, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference, conveying information, and complying with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Provides technical expertise and direction to staff and administration regarding accounting issues and related financial activities for the purpose of conveying pertinent information regarding the organizations’ financial operations and ensuring compliance with established policies, practices and regulatory requirements.
• Reconciles fiscal data and account balances for the purpose of verifying the accuracy of information, maintaining accurate balances and complying with accounting practices.
• Reviews expenditures against budget and/or a wide variety of account information for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of reported information, availability of funds, and compliance with established financial guidelines and program policies, practices and regulatory requirements.
• Processes budget-related documents (e.g. journal entries, account transfers, encumbrances, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices.
• Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Evaluates order and bid documentation (e.g. requisitions, change orders, bids, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of district funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services.
• Processes purchasing-related information (e.g. bid documents, tabulations, requisitions, electronic procurement, product specifications, statement of work, performance terms, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices.
• Responds to inquiries of staff and administration regarding financial procedures for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
• Trains department staff regarding proper accounting practices for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the fund account and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Serves as the treasurer for the Board of Education for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
• Serves as the treasurer for the Foundation for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established guidelines. Other Functions
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; performing accounting procedures; performing standard bookkeeping; and preparing and maintaining accurate records. KNOWLEDGE is required to perform advanced math; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: accounting/bookkeeping principles; financial analyses and/or budget analyses; electronic spreadsheets and worked processing; principles and objectives of budget preparation; and management evaluation and analysis. ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; and working with detailed information/data.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; monitoring budget expenditures. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services. Experience: Job related experience within a specialized field is required. Education: Bachelors degree in job-related area