Bolivar R-I School District is Hiring a Payroll Specialist
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Department: Finance / Human Resources
Reports to: Finance Director
Classification: Exempt / Support Staff
Employment: 12 months / At-will
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of support staff personnel.
This position provides assistance to employees, administrators, the Finance Director and Human Resources/Benefits Coordinator pertaining to matters relative to their employment contract and salary. Furthermore, this position requires a high level of professionalism and confidentiality while adhering to board policy. Frequent personal contact between reporting authorities, employees and directors is necessary to achieve a mutual level of understanding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compute and process monthly payroll entries, in a timely and accurate manner for all district employees.
- Transmit all required payments relative to monthly payroll for the district, including garnishments and taxes for school district employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Reconcile, verify and report accurate payroll reports submitted with all reporting agencies to include, but not limited to: Internal Revenue Service, MO Department of Revenue, PSRS, PEERS, OASIS and all benefit and deduction vendors. Regular communication with these agencies is necessary to prevent errors and resolve existing issues.
- Assist with setup and maintaining of employee work records. Work with the Finance Director and Human Resources/Benefits Coordinator to verify accuracy of employee’s job duty assignments, benefits, deductions and account coding.
- Annually, audit and disburse of W-2’s. As well as, prep for auditors and year end payroll reporting.
- Assist the Finance Director and the Human Resource/Benefits Coordinator with all aspects of payroll and benefits record keeping, data entry, and reporting.
- Work in conjunction with HR to apply employee leave information as it pertains to an employee’s monthly pay.
- Calculate final pay information as it pertains to an employees contract when leaving the district. For retirees, process sick leave or vacation leave pay out as submitted.
- Assist employee’s, and administrators with payroll related inquiries, while maintaining confidentiality of all school-related matters.
- Partner with Human Resources/Benefits Coordinator regarding timesheet recording and overtime compensation for employees. Assist with absences/comp time entries on district time clock.
- Assist and demonstrate positive support for other district office personnel with the management of other related employee computer programs, i.e. HR Portal, Absence Management and SISfin.
- Assist in any other duties at the request of the Superintendent, and Finance Director.