Return to Headlines
Springfield Public Schools is Hiring An Executive Director – Student & School Services
This position is responsible for managing the overall delivery of Student Services; providing information and serving as a resource to others; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with established guidelines; and serving as an integral member of the leadership team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Aligns, monitors, and supervises the services provided by Analytics, Accountability & Assessment, Counseling Services, Health Services, School Police, and Student Services departments providing continuity of quality service to students and
- Directs and evaluates improvement cycles based upon the performance of departments within Student & School Services as aligned to the District’s strategic plan continuously improving results.
- Collaborates with other Executive Directors along with other members of the leadership team aligning supports for students and
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of directors and other direct reports continuously improving performance.
- Oversees regulated programs ensuring compliance with District regulations and all state and federal laws.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders communicating information, developing recommendations, guiding and supporting other staff, and serving as District representative.
- Compiles data from internal and external sources analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program
- Develops a wide variety of documents and presentation materials, independently and/or through delegation to other personnel implementing and maintaining services and/or
- Facilitates meetings that frequently involve a range of issues, communicating information, developing recommendations, guiding and supporting other staff, and serving as District representative.
- Participate as a member or facilitator in meetings, workshops and seminars that frequently involve a range of issues conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a wide variety of complex materials documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, providing audit references, making presentations, and/or providing supporting materials for requested
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external sources identifying relevant issues and recommending or implementing action
- Performs personnel administrative functions maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring successful department/program
- Supervises assigned personnel ensuring successful achievement of their department and individual performance objectives.
- Supports the Superintendent, Board, and department administrators in developing and implementing services and programs toward achieving District operational
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.