St. Charles School District is Hiring a Bookkeeper-Accounts Receivable Specialist
Bookkeeper-Accounts Receivable Administration
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to….
- Maintains daily reconciliation sheets for Operating Fund, along with Adult Education, and Food Service.
- Creates daily deposits for Administration Office
- Organizes and posts all District receipts.
- Initiates all ACH Payments generated from Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Coordinates and administers insurance enrollment for all Retirees and COBRA eligible individuals (including yearly open enrollment).
- Processes the direct debit of Retiree’s monthly insurance premiums and Preschool tuition.
- Initiates payment of Direct Deposit of Payroll
- Submits and pays all payroll taxes (i.e., Federal, State, Local taxes and Unemployment).
- Electronically files all pertinent tax documentation (i.e., quarterly 941 and yearly CMS).
- Coordinates and administers intra-office printing and postage transfers.
- Assists with implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county and state procedures.
- Processes and maintains retirement records. Reconcile wage reports and prepare tax returns.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance (ability to operate a calculator by touch).
- High School diploma or equivalent, including courses in bookkeeping.
- At least one (1) year experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced record keeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to six (6)months’ experience); OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong Excel skills Terms of employment: 40 Hours Per Week – Full Benefits Beginning date: TBD
Salary: Minimum $19.06 per hour Application process: Interested and qualified persons should: Complete an online application found on our website www.stcharlessd.org Contact Kathy Beerman 636-443-4003 with questions