Springfield Public Schools is Hiring a Manager - Business Analytics
Job Title: Manager I – Business Analytics
Department: Business Services
Pay Grade: P130
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director-Business Services
The goal of business analytics is to serve a resource to the business services team by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business systems and user needs; determining which datasets are useful and how they can be leveraged to solve problems and increase efficiency and productivity; financial analysis; collecting and reporting a variety of information; supervising support staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responds to inquiries from business services staff for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice and support
- Serves as a liaison between business services and other departments for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient use of resources and unified support
- Develop database queries and reports to support business services operations
- Develop, maintain and test appropriate business practices and protocols that protect confidential and critical data
- Assist in budget planning, monitoring and forecasting
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Outline opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Collaborate with district staff on a variety of projects related to business operations
- Supervise support staff to ensure effective and timely completion of tasks
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise and professionalism building relationships with stakeholders
- Prepare various documents providing written reference, documenting activities, and/or conveying information
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of five (5) years of job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience strongly preferred
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance.