St. Charles School District is Hiring a Director of Business Services
Director of Business Services
The Director of Accounting assists the Assistant Superintendent for Business and Technology in the operation and efficiency of the business and payroll department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Supervises all business services of the district in coordination with the Assistant Superintendent for Business and Technology, which includes:
Bond Issue/Lease Purchase documentation/reporting
Investments o Auditing o Financial Reporting and Taxes
Revenue projections and cash flow
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Coordinates the preparation of the school budget.
- Coordinates and maintains a sound investment program.
- Prepares required monthly reports.
- Prepares and submits required yearly State and Federal Reports.
- Completes the auditor’s report as required.
- Reconciles district accounts.
- Administers the direct deposit of payroll and direct debit of electronic payments.
- Administers endowment funds as required.
- Orders appropriate supplies and equipment for the functions of the business department.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent For Business and Technology and/or Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, Required; Master’s Degree in Accounting, or related field, preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Certified Administrator in School Finance and Operations (SFO), preferred
- Three years’ experience in public and educational administration including three years of increasingly responsible technical personnel experience, preferred.
Terms of employment: Full-Time, Twelve Month position with Benefits Beginning date: To Be Determined Salary: $90,000 to $110,000 Application process: Only on-line applications will be accepted.
Visit the district’s website at www.stcharlessd.org and click on the appropriate link to apply.