Hazelwood School District is Hiring a Director of Communications
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
TITLE: Director of Communications and Public Relations
The primary focus of the Director of Communications and Public Relations is to provide comprehensive, proactive leadership in districtwide communications. This includes advanced planning, writing on behalf of the superintendent and district, strategic communications delivery aligned with the superintendent, media relations, district-wide crisis management, news analyses, and school support relative to communications and public relations. The director is responsible for working collaboratively with the school district to ensure timely quality materials and project delivery – some of which is likely to take place in a fast-paced environment with on-time delivery and within budget. High quality work outputs will increase the Superintendent’s visibility, depict the school district through a positive lens, and increase and sustain transparent communication with clarity and accuracy, which will all be aligned with the mission, vision, and goals of the
Hazelwood School District.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the district’s communications and public relations department
- Work collaboratively with superiors and subordinates to align all work with the mission, vision, goals of the district in alignment with the Superintendent
- Develop, management, communicate, and continually revise a comprehensive districtwide communication’s plan in collaboration with district staff
- Create, support, and execute clear crisis management communication protocols accurately
- Perform other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the communications and public relations department
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree in a related field including, but not limited to, journalism, English, or public relations.
EXPERIENCE: Successful experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field with increasing levels of responsibility. Successful professional communications experience reporting directly to a chief executive in a large organization is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Superior professional skills in the following areas: writing, organization, short- and long-range planning, project management, leadership, responsiveness, and speaking
- Strong and proactive planning skills with an ability to focus, think, and engage systematically and in concert with the Superintendent
- Exceptional team building skills with the capacity to receive and deliver strategic direction and meaningful feedback to and from superiors, subordinates, and stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate consistent support for and alignment with the mission, vision, and goals of the district
- Ability to communicate openly and authentically with a variety of diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of and/or the capacity to learn (quickly) all policies and procedures relevant to the position
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required included close vision, distance vision, the ability to adjust and focus, and depth perception. Specific hearing abilities required include normal conversation, phone conversation, and isolating voices in multiple conversations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS
Primarily inside working conditions.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS/ MATERIALS USED
Computer, copier, scanner, projector, telephone, spreadsheets, and calculation devices.
For more information, please contact India Session at email@example.com