Springfield Public Schools is Hiring a Human Resource Coordinator
ob Title: Coordinator I - Employment
Department: Human Resources
Pay Grade: P100
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director III – Human Resources
Responsible for the successful deployment of processes related to the employment life cycle and will work closely with members of the leadership team to ensure that the District attracts and selects the highest level of talent possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the hiring of Launch Virtual Course instructors including, but not limited to, identification of employment need, processing employment offers, collaborating with partner districts to ensure placement of faculty, onboarding employees
- Administer assigned employment processes facilitating a positive and productive experience for new employees.
- Assist with employment transactions as needed, especially during periods of peak activity, for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and maintaining data integrity.
- Assist in the development of job descriptions and provide input on the assignment of salary structures ensuring valid and reliable employment documentation.
- Communicate and monitor selection process and policy to hiring managers ensuring internal and external compliance.
- Communicate directly with applicants for assigned vacancies determining eligibility for considerations of employment and providing customer service, which can include phone calls, emails, and office visits from candidates and employees.
- Develop staffing and recruitment plans in collaboration with hiring managers efficiently and effectively facilitating the selection process.
- Administer/oversee stipends, volunteer capacity letters, and Letters of Appointment for applicable staff.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, seminars, etc. providing professional learning, supporting staff, identifying issues, recommended solutions, and serving as a District representative.
- Manage assigned HR Generalist’s projects for the purpose of improving and expanding the service provided by the HR function.
- Manage and ensure certifications and renewals as necessary, maintaining District standards.
- Perform related duties as assigned ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work team.
- Respond to assigned tier 2 escalations from the HR Services Team for the purpose of delivering high quality customer service.
- Support department Administrators developing and implementing services and programs and achieving operational goals.
- Update assigned HR metrics, develop related improvement plans, and report progress continuously improving performance.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned.