Brentwood School District is Hiring a CFO
Chief Financial Officer
Brentwood School District
Position Start Date: 7/1/2020
Description/Duties: Principal responsibility is to manage the District’s financial operations and annual budget preparation. Position will have the sole responsibility for ensuring effective and efficient operation of accounting, financial planning, payroll and risk management, through establishing the finance and accounting policies and procedures for the District.
Performance Areas, Partners, and Responsibilities:
• Continuously analyzes the district’s financial condition for the purpose of ensuring the availability of resources to meet current and future strategic objectives.
• Prepares and submits to the Board of Education recommendations for the administering of the district budget, financial policies and procedures, tax rate information for residents, financial reports, audit findings, and other facts and information as needed.
• Prepares and monitors long-range financial projections.
• Approves various budgetary functions for the purpose of ensuring compliance with regulatory and administrative requirements.
• Accountable for the reporting and payment of the certified and classified staff payroll including applicable taxes, salaries, retirement, insurance, and garnishments.
• Develops annual budget, revenue and expenditures projections for the purpose of managing the school district fiscal responsibilities.
• Manages assigned program and/or departmental responsibilities for the purpose of achieving organizational objectives and ensuring compliance with legal, financial, and district requirements.
• Conducts performance evaluations on all employees under direct/indirect supervision; establishes high performance expectations for all employee groups.
• Maintains a variety of manual and electronic fiscal information, files, and records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail.
• Provides budget and financial software training for administrators and supervisors.
• Assist sub-budget supervisors with assignment of appropriate budget accounts.
• Manages the bidding process. • Supervises payroll preparation and accounts payable. 2 of 3
• Serves on Superintendent’s Cabinet and attends/participates in scheduled meetings of the Board of Education.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools or Board of Education. PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
• Coordination of all aspects of the yearly audit.
• Preparation of Monthly Financial Statement.
• Preparation of bank reconciliation, early childhood revenue reconciliation, and insurance and benefit deduction reconciliation.
• Review and recommend technical and staff development needs for accounting department. • Effectively solve accounting problems as they arise.
• Assist in establishing district procedures as they relate to the accounting department.
• Ensure district procedures and policies are correctly followed.
• Maintain appropriate knowledge and skills of all functions of accounting department to train or substitute as needed.
• Act as liaison to insurance companies; District representative to CSD Insurance Trust CSD Retirement Trust and Missouri United School Insurance Council.
• Process employees’ enrollment in fringe benefit programs and make payments to insurance companies.
• Prepares contracts for certified staff and pay rate notices for support staff. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations with district personnel.
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations with outside agencies. PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES • Participates in professional growth activities.
• Follows the policies and procedures of the school district.
• Demonstrates a sense of professional responsibility. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position, and additional duties may be assigned. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Accounts Payable Specialist and Payroll Specialist.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business, or related field is required; CPA or MBA strongly preferred. Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations certificate a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years management/administrative experience with 3 years of administrative and financial experience in school administration at a Central Office level. 3 of 3
• Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Ability to delegate responsibility to those under his/her supervision relative to obtaining results necessary for the educational program, K-12.
• Ability to determine needs and develop the long-range plans for the district.
• Knowledge of processes of developing bond issues, tax levies, budgeting, and bid processes.
• Demonstrated strong leadership/judgment to make fiscally sound decisions.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills with a keen ability to translate complex information into consumer-friendly, audience appropriate language
• Demonstrated knowledge of Missouri and Federal public school laws and policies related to school funding, budgeting, financial management, and school operations.
• Proficiency in various computer applications including Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) required, and the willingness to learn new programs.
• Such alternatives as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Terms of Employment/Pay:
• 12-month; exempt/Employee will be required to sign a yearly contract on July 1 of each year
• Board paid medical, dental and vision for employee • 4 weeks of vacation • Participation in PEERS, a defined benefit pension plan
• Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications (range: $125,000 - $145,000). Hiring Timeline
• Position posted and resume review: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - Tuesday, March 24, 2020
• Round 1 interviews- Wednesday, April 8, 2020 and Thursday April 9, 2020
• Round 2 interviews-Wednesday, April 15, 2020
• Finalist to Board for Approval-Tuesday, April 21, 2020
To Apply: Internal Applicants (currently employed by Brentwood School District with a Brentwood School District email account and who are on the Brentwood School District payroll) if you are an SSD employee, please apply through the external link: https://brentwood.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx to submit a cover letter (one page maximum), updated resume. External Applicants: Visit https://www.moreap.net/ for application instructions. Application materials must be received through the above process by 11 p.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020.