Francis Howell School District is Hiring a Director of Facilities and Operations
Director of Facilities and Operations
Job Summary: Directs custodial, grounds keeping, HVAC, maintenance and warehouse services through respective line managers. Leads construction management functions for the entire District. Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates safety and security services for the District. Acts as a District liaison with the contracted student transportation services company. Full job description attached to posting.
- High school diploma.
- Post-secondary education in one or more of the building/skilled trades (carpentry, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing) preferred but not required.
- Possess or have ability to earn AHERA Certification post-employment.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Knowledge of basic principles of construction, school maintenance, custodial operations, and energy management.
- Ability to coordinate district functions, implement policies and procedures and read mechanical/electrical and plumbing blueprints and schematic.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Five (5) years or more of practical construction and design experience.
- At least three (3) years of experience managing others in project management and skilled trades functional areas
- Five (5) years of experience in School Institution Plant Management desirable.
Please complete the administrator application via the Francis Howell School District website. In addition, please attach the following items to your application:
- Letter of Interest addressed to:
Mark Delaney, Director of Human Resources
Francis Howell School District
4545 Central School Road
St. Charles, MO 63304
- Current Resume
- Three current letters of reference preferred
- Application deadline – October 23, 2019; 2:00 PM
- Anticipated screening interview date for selected candidates – October 31, 2019
- Anticipated Committee interview date for selected candidates – November 6, 2019
- Anticipated Superintendent interview date for selected candidates – November 12, 2019
- Anticipated hire date – November 21, 2019-BOE Meeting
- Anticipated position start date – December 2, 2019
Salary commensurate with education and experience ranging from $100,000- $150,000