Wentzville School District is Hiring a Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Summary: Responsible for the management of all financial, facility, and data processing activities of the District including financial planning and budgeting, cost analysis, accounting, auditing, reporting, purchasing, insurance (property and liability), cash management, and debt management.
- At least five (5) years of experience in general accounting, management of a business office, or other administrative experience in an education setting
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field and hold a CPA license in the State of Missouri or a Superintendent’s certificate.
- Considerable knowledge of school administration, school law, finance, facilities, procurement, planning, operations principles, and techniques
Essential Job Duties:
- Acts as advisor to the Superintendent on all questions relating to business and financial affairs for the district.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Cabinet
- Develops, monitors analyzes and maintains the District financial budget in all major revenue and expenditure areas.
- Analyzes all revenue sources to determine their propriety. Makes decisions and recommendations to optimize District revenues.
- Plans the District's cash flow and maximizes the District's return on its investments.
- Develops long range financial projections extending five years. Advises the Superintendent, Board of Education and the community on the financial affairs.
- Interprets the financial concerns of the District to the community. Identifies various indicators of the financial posture of the District and compares such indicators with other relevant districts.
- Coordinates the annual audit by the Board's CPA firm.
- Responsible for payroll, accounts receivable and payable, property transactions, and federal and state reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation of all required federal, state, and local payroll returns. Coordinates garnishments, TSA payments, employee organization local dues, United Way payments, etc.
- Oversees the review and approval of construction-related invoices paid from bond proceeds and oversees the production of accurate monthly reports to the Board of Education. Corresponds with the program manager and/or the architect. Manages systems for reporting and control of construction projects.
- Oversees a monthly report to the Board for approval of invoices.
- Reviews and approves all purchases exceeding $5,000 and all expense reports.
- Develop, recommend and execute plans for the provision of economical school facilities.
- Work with commissioned architects in the construction of new facilities to insure compliance with district requirements and economy, and implement professional procedures and results.
- In coordination with the Executive Director of Facilities and the district’s architect, establish bidding and construction schedules, and prepare and issue contract documents and addenda.
- Evaluates and realigns, as necessary, specific job duties for every business office employee.
- Manages and controls the purchasing system and makes improvements as required.
- Ensures compliance with all legal aspects related to purchasing.
- Supervises acquisition, sale and disposal of District property, equipment and supplies.
- Manages District insurance, including property, liability, workers' compensation, and employee benefits.
- Reports incidents, files and negotiates claims and informs employees of changes regarding insurance programs.
- Manages the District's debt structure to most effectively meet the needs of the community. Manages all aspects of District bond issues. Provides information to the Facilities Committee to evaluate current and anticipated bonding capacity.
- Coordinates all aspects of the District's business office technology programs.
- Manages all aspects of the data processing function including report preparation, selection of system and upgrades, required programming changes, and use of the system for all pertinent applications. Recommends and implements various data processing enhancements.
- Attends all Board business meetings.
- Participates in employee negotiations and develops information related to same.
- Serves as a member of the District Strategic Planning Committee and the Finance and Bond Issue Committees.
- Supervises the Business Office, Facility Maintenance, Custodial Service, Construction, and Purchasing departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent.