Return to Headlines
St. Charles School District is Hiring a Business Specialist
BUSINESS SPECIALIST Administration Building
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the verification of all P-Card Transactions, including but not limited to images of receipts on file, keying and DESE coding accuracy)
- Administers and verifies the Missouri Retirement System (OASIS) transmission after payroll completion for both PSRS and PEERS.
- Processes District vendor checks and vouchers, EFT reimbursements, and purchases orders.
- Compiles daily Requisition reports for approval and converts to Purchase Orders.
- Serves as liaison capacity between the buildings/programs and the Business Department.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county and state procedures.
- May perform secretarial functions as needed for assigned staff member(s).
- Assists in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc.; prepares summary of balances, cost information, or other reports as requested for supervisor’s use in preparing financial statements.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance (ability to operate a calculator by touch). Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- High School diploma or equivalent, including courses in bookkeeping.
- At least one (1) year experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced record keeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to six (6)months’ experience); OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Proficient in Excel Terms of employment: Term of 246 days 8 hours per day – With Benefits Beginning date: July 1, 2019 Salary: Minimum $18.69 Application process: Interested and qualified persons should: Complete an online application found on our website www.stcharlessd.org Contact Kathy Beerman 636-443-4003 with questions.