Webster Groves School District is Hiring an Assistant Superintendent/ Chief Operating Officer.
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT/CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Department: Business Office Employment Type: Administrator
FLSA Classification: Exempt Supervision of Others: Yes
Reporting to: Superintendent
- Five or more years of experience in developing and managing department budgets
- BA/BS degree in Business, Management or related field required
- Experience in facilities management and one or more areas of school business and operations
- Five or more years of successful administrative/management/supervisory experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Related certification or credentials
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Objective of Position:
- To organize and direct various support operations of the School District to include facilities (construction/renovation, maintenance, grounds and custodial), food services, transportation, administrative technology, security, use of facilities by outside groups, purchasing
- To learn and develop proficiency in school district business, budget, and finance while under the mentorship of current Chief Financial Officer
Major Areas of Accountability
- Manage purchasing in accordance with established laws and board policy.
- Direct the planning of facility construction, renovation, and improvement in cooperation with other administrators, architects, engineers, and attorneys.
- Supervise the school food service program (breakfast, lunch, and snacks), along with related state reporting.
- Plan and conduct meetings/activities of district’s Building Advisory Committee
- Lead district energy conservation program
- Direct the maintenance, cleaning, and operation of school facilities.
- Supervise the school transportation operation.
- Attend all District Leadership Team meetings.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Education.
- Oversee the acquisition, storage, and distribution of supplies.
- Oversee maintenance of the district’s comprehensive facilities plan
- Maintain an inventory of all school property.
- Work closely with district leadership to support educational mission
- Recommend changes to improve the general effectiveness of the District.
- Oversee operation of district administrative (non-instructional) technology
- Respond to other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
Skills & Abilities
Ability to set priorities and manage tasks.
- Must be a patient, creative thinker who can identify and lead improvement and change opportunities.
- Possess leadership, management, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Proficient in use of technology and management software applications
- Proficient in developing and managing project/department budgets
- Experienced with and knowledgeable of facilities construction and renovation issues