Springfield Missouri Public Schools is Hiring a Benefits Coordinator
The Springfield, Missouri Public School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Coordinator, Benefits.
The Springfield School District is Missouri’s largest public school district and has built a reputation of academic excellence based on the outstanding performance of our students and schools. About 25, 000 students attend 36 elementary schools, an intermediate school, 9 middle schools, 5 high schools, and a variety of alternative education and choice programs.
Purpose Statement: The job of Coordinator Benefits provides leadership on complex day-to-day employee benefits administration. Provides administration of employee benefits which includes retirement plans and insurance policies such as health, life, disability, FMLA and leave of absences. Responsible for data management and auditing of benefits enrollment system, absence management system and ACA reporting. Provides day to day support for Benefits staff and employees with all aspects of employee benefits administration and benefit information. May perform project work related to various HR technology systems.
- Essential Functions: Provides leadership on day-to-day complex employees benefit administration tasks. Guides and supports the Sr. Benefits Specialist and Benefits Specialist on routine benefits administration.
- Researches discrepancies between employee, payroll, benefit provider/s and government agencies for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and maximizing eligible payments.
- Leads the administration of employee benefit programs in compliance with carrier contracts and/or plan documents (e.g. enrolling new employees, explaining benefit options, organizing benefit fairs, verifying benefit eligibility and payment issues, delivering annual open enrollment, processing leaves of absence, oversight of or directly filing claims, obtaining releases to return to work, etc.) to support employees.
- Monitors, audits and/or corrects applicable benefits entries and/or documentation, leave accruals, etc. into the Human Resources Information System.
- Length of Service: 12 Months FLSA Status: Exempt Tenure Track: No Social Security Contribution: Required Reports to: Director/Assistant Director, Human Resources Salary: Non-Academic Administration, Level H ($49,867 - $66,497) Coordinator, Benefits The School District of Springfield, R-12 is an equal opportunity employer participating in the E-Verify program. Coordinates the distribution of compliance documents (e.g. annual notices, retiree communications etc.).
- Monitors a variety of federal and state employment laws and regulations including FMLA, ADAAA, COBRA, EEO and EPA for the purpose of ensuring compliance. Works with leaders and other team members to ensure compliance.
- Manages and ensures accuracy of data (uploaded and EDI files) between vendors (employee absence system, ACA reporting, on-line enrollment system) Assists with the district's self-funded health plan, dental, life and long term disability (LTD) policies to ensure high levels of customer service, including the Health Benefit Trust and Plan Document compliance.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Processes a variety of benefit information for the purpose of completing enrollment/changes within program, plan document and legal guidelines.
- Reconciles enrollment forms and billings to employee records (e.g. COBRA, disability, retirement, health, FMLA, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate eligibility and payment information complying with contract provisions.
Work Environment The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment. This position may require driving to various school locations.
Experience: A minimum of five years’ recent and relevant benefits related job experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree is preferred.
Questions regarding this vacancy announcement or general inquiries should be directed to the District’s Human Resources Department by e-mail: email@example.com, or by phone: 417-523-GOHR (4647).