Hazelwood School District is Hiring a Director of Accounting and Finance
The Hazelwood School District, St. Louis, MO, is seeking a highly qualified director of accounting and finance. McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates.
Location: North County of St. Louis, Missouri
The candidate must have the background, skills and abilities essential for excellence in school finance and must be a CPA or provide documented, demonstrated progress towards completion. Experience working with public school districts, particularly in Missouri, is strongly desired. This individual will direct the accounting and finance department and will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The district has developed the following responsibilities for the position:
- Assumes major responsibility for accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll, preparation of financial reports and audited district financial statements.
- Assumes major responsibility for preparing all financial statements, DESE reporting and other financial information
- Maintains payroll system in order to accurately pay all employees and report information
- Develops and maintains financial investment plans and reporting for all invested funds
- Oversees the financial aspects of federal and state grants
- Supervises accounts payable and payroll staff
- Direct the accounting and finance department and report to the Chief Financial Officer
- Closing date for applications: December 17, 2018 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- District selects finalists to interview: January 14, 2019
- Finalists interviews with the district:January 28-31, 2019
- Selection of new Director of Accounting and Finance:February, 2019
- Start Date: February, 2019, preferred*
*There is flexibility in the start date for the successful candidate.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor Street, Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144