MoASBO and MASA have designed a workshop for superintendents, assistant superintendents, and chief financial officers, that will give participants the knowledge and confidence to build relationships with those at the state capitol, to advocate for good legislation, and to push back against legislation that is harmful to your districts and public education.
This workshop will address the following topics:
· Building community partnerships / Developing parent meetings
· Building relationships with legislators so your voice is effective
· Preparing to make a positive impact when testifying in a committee hearing
· Legal pitfalls
· Communicating legislative issues with the Board of Education and staff
· The workshop will include a visit to the state capitol.
Date: Oct. 4, 2022
Time: 9:00 am. to 4:00 pm.
Location: In-person (MCSA Education Center, 3550 Amazonas Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65109) or choose to participate virtually.
Cost: $60 (includes a box lunch).
Deadline for Registration: Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
Missouri Association of School Business Officials
3550 Amazonas Drive Jefferson City, MO 65109 573-644-7900 fax: 573-556-6270Accessibility
Missouri Association of School Business Officials (MoASBO)