Registration for the School Operations Academy opens July 1
22-23 MoASBO School Operations Academy
*Application accepted starting on July 1.
Whether you are new to a position in school business, have recently taken on new responsibilities, or are looking to broaden your scope for career advancement, the MoASBO School Operations Academy is your one-stop shop for an introduction to key areas of school operations. This year-long program is designed as an entry-level training; but, it is also useful as a refresher for experienced business professionals. SOA program is for administrators and MoASBO membership is required for all Academy participants.
Who Should Attend:
- New school operations administrative staff
- School operations administrative staff about to take on a new area of responsibility
- Established administrators looking for a refresher on the basics
- New superintendents seeking a basic understanding of school business issues
Benefits for You and Your School District:
- Learn proven techniques from experienced practitioners
- Gain ideas to create efficiencies and reduce costs
- Exchange challenges and solutions with your peers
- Build a network of contacts across the state
- Overview of Missouri School Finance
- Account Codes and DESE Accounting Manual
- Overview of School Business Operations
- Business Ethics
Cost of Program:
The charge for participation in the Academy is $600. Participants select an area of emphasis: HR/Payroll Track or Accounting Track.
Additional fees will be incurred for the conference and any courses chosen from the alternate area of emphasis.
Registration deadline is August 31. Fees are non-refundable. A credit card is the preferred method of payment.
Checks are also accepted and should be mailed to: MoASBO, 3550 Amazonas Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65109