Return to Headlines
Take Advantage of Your MoASBO Benefits
Take advantage of these opportunities:
- MoASBO is THE place to go for outstanding professional development. We offer a variety of professional development opportunities to members, including conferences, workshops, and webinars.
- MoASBO offers professional development programs that are designed to help members meet their professional goals (School Business Specialist certification, Administrative Leadership Development, School Operations Academy and support for SFO certification.)
- Regional meetings, that are held across the state, give you the chance to learn from peers and other subject matter experts.
- The MoASBO Network is members’ online resource for webinars. There is no charge for any of these “from your own desk” learning.
- Three finance workshops are offered each year. These workshops are co-sponsored with MASA.
Conferences and Events
- The annual spring conference provides information on relevant topics and best practices on school business operations.
- The two fall conferences - support staff and administrators - feature pertinent information that is targeted to members, based on their roles in their districts.
- Annual golf tournament, co-sponsored with MUSIC, helps raise money for student scholarships.
Collaboration and Connections
- MoASBO provides in-person and virtual opportunities to connect and collaborate with peers across Missouri.
- Members have access to the Global School Business Network - (Missouri ASBO Online Community). This free service to MoASBO members allows you to start discussions, ask questions and seek help from your peers.
- Members receive emails from the Executive Director on important education and association matters.
- A quarterly ENewsletter provides professional information and details on association activities and events.
- Updates are emailed to all members during the legislative session.
- Members have access to an online resource library that contains documents, power point presentations, articles, etc.
Support to School Districts
- MoASBO provides support and assistance to school districts on school finance and budget related issues through the MoASBO Help Center.
- When a staff member retires or leaves unexpectedly, the MoASBO Help Center can provide short-term, in-person assistance. This service is available for a fee and is subject to MoASBO staff schedules.
- MoASBO is available to assist to school districts with communication planning and/or communication issues.
- MoASBO is actively involved in representing the interests of school business officials and school districts at the state and federal levels.
- MoASBO works with an outside lobbying firm, which is shared with other school administrator organizations (School Administrator Coalition)
- MoASBO is a cornerstone member of Better Schools for Missouri, a PAC that identifies candidates who support education issues.
- MoASBO represents school business officials at educational meetings and events throughout the state.
- MoASBO works closely with ASBO International to advocate for our profession.