BOARD POLICIES: 1.0 General Information
MoASBO supports, connects, develops and advocates for school business officials in order to help their districts improve student success.
Serve as the most valued resource for school business information.
- Model absolute integrity.
- Serve as a credible and objective source of innovative school business practices.
- Build a strong community of business professionals.
- Improve student learning.
The school business official:
- Makes the well-being of students the fundamental value in all decision making and actions.
- Supports the principle of due process and protects the civil and human rights of all
- Obeys and supports the Constitution of the United States and the laws of the State of
- Implements the State and local boards of education's policies and administrative rules and
- Supports the goals and objectives of the employing school system.
- Interprets the policies and practices of the district fairly and objectively.
- Implements, to the best of the official's ability, the policies and administrative regulations of the district.
- Pursues appropriate measures to correct those laws, policies and regulations that are not in the best interest of public education.
- Pursues stewardship of the district's resources, adheres to commonly accepted business practices, encourages full disclosure of relevant information, and refrains from using the position for personal gain.
- Maintains the standards and seeks to improve the effectiveness of the profession through research and continuing professional development.
- Actively supports professional associations aimed at improving school business management including MoASBO and ASBOI.
- Accepts leadership roles and responsibilities when the opportunity exists.
- Offers assistance and/or guidance to colleagues and nurtures their professional growth.
- Honors all contracts until fulfillment or release.
- Does not tolerate the failure of others within their district to act in an ethical manner and
will pursue appropriate measures to correct such failures.
The Association will adhere to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, national background, age, disability status, sexual orientations and gender identity, and political affiliation in all of its programs and practices.
“MoASBO” is the official acronym for the Missouri Association of School Business Officials. The legal name of the organization is Association of School Business Officials State of Missouri.
This logo may be used on MoASBO stationery, membership cards, application blanks, publications, and on certain jewelry and other related items. The executive dfiirector is authorized to expand the use of the MoASBO logo through the sale of additional related items.
- Exhibitor or Sponsor use of MoASBO logo
Occasionally MoASBO sponsors may have written contracts with MoASBO specifying preapproved use of the MoASBO logo. Any use of the logo must have approval of the Executive director.