POSITION TITLE: Director of Accounting and Finance
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs duties to assist the Chief Financial Officer, in his/her duties in the areas of accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll and office management; prepares financial reports and audited District financial statements.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Assumes major responsibility for accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll and auditing, by determining standards for financial reports and statements, budgetary accounting and general ledger entries.
- Maintains general ledger system in order to accurately report District’s financial position and results of operations; oversees receipts and bank reconciliation.
- Assumes major responsibility for preparing all financial statements, DESE reporting and other financial information, as requested.
- Maintains payroll system in order to accurately pay all employees and report information to oversight bodies; reports payroll information to IRS, state and city as required.
- Develops and maintains financial investment plans and reporting for all invested funds.
- Prepares annual District budget and amends as required on a monthly basis.
- Oversees the financial aspects of federal and state grants, monthly.
- In performing assigned functions, coordinates work with district administrators, supervisors and directors; and the accounting, bookkeeping and data processing departments.
- Supervises accounts payable and payroll staff.
- Experience with Sungard Business Plus preferred.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
Download Full Description / Apply